Are you full time Carer for a family member or friend?

You may be entitled to receive funding to get a break, you can ask your local authority social services team for a Carer's Assessment. 

Social services will be able to discuss with you and assess any help required that would maintain your own health and wellbeing, and balancing your caring responsibilities. If you provide care and support to an adult friend or family member, you may be eligible for support from your local council.

This support could include being offered money to pay for things that make caring easier. Or the local authority might offer practical support, such as arranging for someone to step in when you need a short break. The local authority could also put you in touch with local support groups so you have people to talk to.

The Care Act 2014 makes carer's assessments more widely available to people in caring roles. For more information, read about the Care Act changes for carers.

The NHS provide a quick Carer self-assessment for you to see what you may be entitled to.

Why not contact our dedicated office team today for a free no obligation homecare assessment and see how we may be able to help. You can call us on 0333 012 4743 or email us on